Master of Science in Entrepreneurship and Innovation /MSEI Admission & Requirements
Approved by the California State University Chancellor's Office
Suitability for admission to the program will be based on an examination of the entire application package. In addition to the general requirements of the university, specific requirements for admission to classified graduate status are:NO GMAT/ GRE REQUIRED
- Bachelor's Degree: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, with required minimum GPA of 2.75 calculated using the entire degree or the last 90 quarter (60 semester) units, which may include post baccalaureate work. Applicants in the process of finishing an undergraduate degree may apply, with acceptance contingent on successful completion of the undergraduate degree.
- Personal Statement: A statement that provides insight on the student's motivation to join the program, how the student plans on using the degree to further his/her professional goals, and the personal qualifications that will contribute to successful completion of the program. This can be submitted in one of two possible formats: (a) a written statement of no more than 500 words; or (b) a short video, not more than 2 minutes in length.
- English Proficiency for International Students: All international applicants who have not completed three years of full-time study at the secondary or post-secondary level where English was the language of instruction must also achieve an acceptable score, as determined by the MSEI committee, ratified by the College Curriculum Committee, and in alignment with the Office of Graduate Studies requirements on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the IELTS exam or complete CSUSB's ESL program. The current minimum acceptable TOEFL score is 550/PBT, 213/CBT, 79-80/IBT taken within the past two years; IELTS score of 6.5 taken within the past two years; or complete level 6 of CSUSB's Intensive English Program;
- Resume: Submission of a current resume;
- Letters of Recommendation: One (1) letter of recommendation is required that attests to the applicant's intellectual and professional aptitude;
- Interview: Each applicant will be required to participate in a brief interview with the MSEI program director and/or faculty.
MSEI Tuition and Fees
Tuition and fees for the 2021-22 academic year are available here. Please also note that all graduate business students, including the MSEI, are required to pay the Graduate Business Professional Development fee of $270 per semester unit.
Have More Questions & Need More Details? Then WATCH the On Demand MSEI Info Session!