Master of Science in Entrepreneurship and Innovation /MSEI
Master of Science in Entrepreneurship & Innovation at Cal State University, San Bernardino
Spring 2022 COHORT Get Ready! We are accepting applications for the Spring 2022 cohort for the MSEI program! The Deadline has been extended to January 6, 2022. Apply through CSU Apply!
IMPORTANT: When selecting your program at CSU San Bernardino in CSU Apply, make sure to choose Entrepreneurship and Innovation (not Business Administration - Entrepreneurship)
The Master of Science in Entrepreneurship and Innovation (MSEI) program is designed to offer students with business, technical or other non-business degrees a comprehensive education that prepares them to launch entrepreneurial ventures or new business ventures in large organizations.
The program is structured as a 16-24 month, 30-unit program for both business and non-business majors alike and utilizes primarily face-to-face courses but will also integrate hybrid instruction where appropriate. Through coursework and experiential learning activities, students will be exposed to the key concepts of entrepreneurship including creativity and ideation, evaluation and screening of business concepts, business model formulation, startup models and the entrepreneurial process, team formation, marshaling resources, planning techniques, and launch strategies.
Increasingly, students are seeking specialized graduate programs rather than the traditional Masters in Business Administration (MBA), according to the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). Whereas by design a generalist MBA has breadth requirement and discourages focus on a particular discipline, specialized master's programs are designed to allow and encourage such focus, and that such specialized degrees are increasingly offered at business schools around the country. The MSEI proposed program taps into that trend, offering students an immersive experience focused on the entrepreneurship specialization. According to the Kauffman Foundation, entrepreneurship is on the rise in the US and a recent survey of the field by Inc. magazine noted that the U.S. now has 27 million entrepreneurs. This is significant in that it encompasses nearly a fifth of all working adults.
Have More Questions & Need More Details? Then WATCH the On Demand MSEI Info Session!
Get on Our Interest List
Master of Science in Entrepreneurship and Innovation (MSEI) Courses
Required Courses (21 units)
- ADMN 6020 - Advanced Managerial Communications
- ENTR 5410 - Commercializing Entrepreneurial Innovation
- ENTR 5450 - Resources for the Entrepreneur
- ENTR 6210 - Entrepreneurship and New Ventures
- ENTR 6230 - Exploring Entrepreneurial Opportunities
- MGMT 6850 - Strategic Management
- TA 5141 - Entrepreneurial Improvisation and Creativity
- ENTR 6980 - Reflective Essay (0 units)
Entrepreneurship Elective (3 units)
Chose one (1) from the following:
- ENTR 5470 - Managing a Growing Business
- ENTR 5490 - Launching the Entrepreneurial Venture
- ENTR 5550 - Entrepreneurship in Action: Corporate, Social and Family Business Approaches
Custom Elective (3 units)
Chose one (1) from the following or any 6000-level course chosen from the graduate business core in consultation with the MSEI faculty advisor:
- MGMT 6550 - Leadership as Art and Science
- MKTG 6400 - Advanced Marketing Research
Culminating Experience (3 units)
- ENTR 6961 - Entrepreneurial Immersion 1 (2 units)
- ENTR 6962 - Entrepreneurial Immersion 2 (1 unit)